A traditional Greek Sweet. Golden balls of honey flavoured dough.
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
275ml Warm Water
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Dissolve the yeast into 60ml of the warm water with 1 tbsp of Greek Honey and 1 tsp of flour.
- Mix the remaining flour into bowl with the salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually mix in the remaining water until you have a sticky and loose batter. Add more water if required. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in deep fat-fryer.
- Use a lightly oiled tablespoon to collect the dough and use another tablespoon to push into oil. Continue until all dough is done. Multiple batches may be required.
- Once golden brown, remove and place on paper towels.
- Warm the remaining Greek Honey in a pan.
- Roll the dough balls gently in the pan. Remove and sprinkle cinnamon over balls.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream (optional)
To view our Hampers click here
To view our Honey click here
To learn more about our Subscription boxes click here