Sweet, sticky and crispy honey chilli chicken. Perfect for impressing dinner guests.
2 Large Chicken Breasts
2 tsp Cornflour
Rock Salt (table salt is fine) and Black Pepper
1.5 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
1 Large Lemon
2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 inch of Ginger
4 Spring Onions
1.5 Large Red Chilli
- Mix the flour, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips and mix in flour bowl. Ensure they are completely covered.
- Slice the ginger as thin as possible. Cut the red chilli into small pieces.
- In another bowl mix the juice of the lemon, chilli dipping sauce, soy sauce, water and cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a pan (or wok). Once bubbling add the chicken. May require batches.
- Remove from the pan once golden brown and place on paper towels.
- Once all the chicken is cooked remove all but one tbsp of oil and add the ginger and chilli to the pan for one minute.
- Add the New Zealand Clover Honey to the pan and heat for a further minute.
- Add the lemon, dipping sauce, soy and cornflour mixture to pan and heat until it begins to thicken.
- Place the chicken in the pan and mix until is covered. Heat gently for a couple of minutes until coating is sticky.
- Chop the spring onions and add to the pan for one minute.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
To view our Hampers click here
To view our Honey click here
To learn more about our Subscription boxes click here